Wednesday, January 21, 2015

More potty talk

Well, here we are at the end of day 4. I feel like we've made some progress, though we're still definitely not accident-free!  When she only goes 2-4 times a day, there aren't that many opportunities to practice!

Monday, the first full day, was spent watching Kayden constantly. Poor Levi kept asking to play games with me and I had to tell him that I needed to watch Kayden and not be distracted in case she peed. He was very mature about it but I could tell it was hard for him. Sometime on Tuesday I decided to put a little soaker in her underwear and let her play wherever in the house she wanted - not just on vinyl/laminate floors - and without being under constant supervision. It was a far more relaxing day for me and I think more fun for both kids. Then today was our first outing without a diaper! We were gone all morning. Yes, there was an accident. And yes, there was another one. And no, I didn't bring enough changes of clothes. BUT, there was nothing that needed more than a fresh pair of underwear and dry pants. Whew! I'd call that a success!

Tomorrow we have another home day and I'm hoping that we make some good progress since we're headed to the city on Friday. I really don't want to put her in a diaper and potentially undo everything we've done this week. But I'm sure it would be a mistake to just have her in underwear with no leak protection (unless tomorrow goes VERY well!). I'm sure I'll be able to come up with an in-between option that will keep the car seat dry and also not confuse her.

Speaking of the city, it's time for another prenatal appointment. I'll be 18 weeks on Saturday! And that means it must be almost time for another ultrasound! It feels like I "popped" early this time so I felt huge by 8 weeks for being only in the first trimester. But now I feel like I'm not huge for being almost halfway. I'll have to dig out some pics from my other pregnancies and compare. That's always fun :)
Top left - first pregnancy - 17 weeks
Bottom left - second pregnancy - 15-16 weeks
Right - third pregnancy - 17.5 weeks
 
These pics are why I usually just shake my head when people look like this at 38 weeks and say they are "ready to pop." Um. Please imagine being this big before you're even halfway. :) That said, I am feeling quite good most days. I don't FEEL huge and uncomfortable. The second trimester has been more difficult for me so far than the first trimester, though, as far as tiredness and sickness goes - seems backward as it's usually supposed to be easier once you hit 13 weeks. BUT, I still have it fairly easy compared to some so I can't complain. Still seems a little surreal that baby #3 is on their way. Who is this little person going to be and how are they going to change our family? What is their name going to be?! And how is it that at this point I can't imagine who is inside and by this time next year I won't be able to imagine NOT knowing this person?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful belly mama! And isn't it the craziest thing to not know this little one yet? I get that now! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete