Monday, September 8, 2014

GAK


We made gak today. If you have never made gak, you definitely should! Whether or not you have kids. Make some. It's cool :)

Here's the recipe:

If you can't read it, let me know. 

Basically you make a glue/water mixture (equal parts of each) and you also make a borax/water mixture (1tsp borax/1cup water) and you mix them with lots of stirring and you eventually get a slimy, slippery, oober-fun substance known as gak!

Mix mix mix.


And then you let your kids play and sit back as they're entertained for going on 45 minutes!  Love it!  It's a bit of a mess as it sticks to clothes and stains (if you've used food colouring) and little bits of it tend to end up everywhere but I'm game for a little cleanup some days if it means I have some happy kids :) (notice I said "some days!"). 

Oh, and a random sidenote...Levi loves saying the word "gak" and says "gak" as many times as he possibly can. For instance: "mom I like gak! I'm going to make my gak even gak-ier!" In fact, I just heard him say it 3 times in the last 30 seconds while typing this. Oh, and there it was again!  Gak!

No comments:

Post a Comment