Monday, October 27, 2014

Random facts and pictures, because sometimes random is fun.

Levi rushed outside this morning when he saw that it was snowing, declaring, "I'm going outside to EAT SNOW!" Then from outside I hear, "Mama! It's snow storming out here!" He then cried multiple times throughout the day when he saw that the snow wasn't staying on the ground. Just wait, my boy...you will have plenty of snow and will know what a real "snow storm" is all too soon. 

I busted out the long johns this morning. I wear them basically all winter. Levi did ask, though, what I put on my knees. Haha

Kayden has been learning new words and phrases every day. My favourite lately is, "Wow! What's that?!" which is usually referring to something she sees in a book. I also love how she says "bye!" so readily, even when she's just leaving a room or going for a nap :)

Yay pony tail! Hehe. Cutest :)

I'm going to have been married for 10 years in May. How is that even possible? Seems like just yesterday we were engaged and saying, "time is going so slow right now! But before we know it, we will be married and celebrating our 10 year anniversary." Uh. Yeah. 

Favourite. 

More favourite. 

Levi has been a difficult 4 year old so far, just like he was a difficult 3 year old and difficult 2 year old. He can be SO delightful. But he also spends a fair amount of time throwing angry fits, making his sister cry, and just doing things he knows he's not supposed to do (or more often refusing to do things he has been asked to do). It's tricky and I usually feel like I'm a failure as a mom. But I see how Kayden is responding to the same parenting and am realizing that he's just a strong-willed/spirited/whatever-you-want-to-call-it child. And not even the worst in the spectrum of strong-willed children because really he has entire days that are good. But so many days are just hard. Everything feels like a fight on those days. And a fight we're losing because he is just.so.stubborn. I love him to bits. And/but he certainly inspires me to seek God's parenting wisdom!

Kids holding toothbrushes from the public health nurse. Kayden in the middle of potty training so no pants. Sorry. Believe it or not, this picture was not posed. Stuff like this just happens when Kayden is around and Levi copies :)

Levi was telling me about Santa today and I was trying to convince him that there is no real Santa. We've never talked about Santa, and certainly never tried to make him believe, but he is convinced that Santa is real. Haha. So...I wonder what Christmas will bring this year. Oh, and he also wants to dress up as Santa for Halloween because he thinks it would be funny to have Santa at Halloween :)

This is what Sunday afternoons are good for :)

My little farmer girl. This pic is from months ago but I don't think I ever shared it. What a cutie :)


2 comments:

  1. Love it! (well, except for Levi's stubbornness) That last picture is a keeper!

    p.s. I haven't broken out my long johns yet. I'm trying to hold off until November...tomorrow's supposed to be +20 here so I think I can make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Your children are adorable, Niki! And 10 years?!?!! Didn't we just graduate 4 years ago?!?! Time sure flies!

    ReplyDelete