Monday, October 20, 2014

Busy, busy, dreadfully busy...

You know what I'm realizing?  That the busier that I am, the more I enjoy my days at home with no plans. I treasure those days. What felt like the norm all last winter and summer, has turned into the exception this fall. Appointments, commitments, routine...suddenly it all leaves little time for just me and the kids at home. But oh are those days lovely when they happen!

Right now the kids are having a "play bath" so I have a few minutes to myself. There is nowhere to rush off to this morning. Not much that needs to be done besides a few loads of laundry and perhaps some floor washing. Oh, and the animals need to be fed...maybe I should do that right now before I forget again! Be right back...

"Chores" for me consist of feeding and watering the cats, dog, and rabbits. The cats and dog are fed on the deck so that's easy. The rabbits are in a cage on our yard so I go out there each morning and drag it to a fresh patch of grass for them to eat that day. I wish it was a consistent way to keep our grass cut, but the cage is only 4x8 and the lawn is brown when they're done with it. So we've got a bunch of ugly brown rectangles on our lawn. At least they fill in nicely!  And I mean REALLY nicely!

Whenever I have a chance to be in our house with nothing on the agenda, my mind often turns to renos. We have been slowly making this place ours by putting our own touches on it. So far we have painted (walls, doors, trim) the bedrooms and dining/living room. We have a big family room addition that wa built into the house which I think will be our next project. I'm the kind of person who just wants to go when something is on the to-do list. Just start. Rip up flooring or paint trim or SOMETHING!  But we have bigger plans for that room so I'll have to hold back. For now. 

So a few hours have now passed since I started this post and you know how I said that when something is on the to do list, I am fairly impulsive and would rather just do it NOW?  Well, potty training has commenced. Another post on that is sure to come...!

No comments:

Post a Comment